How do you spend most of your time?
If you’re a school/college student, your answer probably is online, on social media – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or probably even niche social media platforms like Reddit, Pinterest and so on.
If you’re someone who is working, we’re sure your answer is the same as above, with a few exceptions, maybe adding LinkedIn, and a few more informative sites like Digital Newspapers or E-Books.
Either way, no matter what your age group is, we can’t deny that most of our time, now more than ever because of the pandemic, is spent on the digital space.
When two entire generations practically live on the internet, it becomes extremely important to be capable of manipulating data online, especially since it’s easier to market and sell things, and create impressions, when an entire Target Audience is found in the closed quarters of the internet. With digital marketing becoming more and more popular around the world, so much so that there are full fledged agencies and companies that offer only Digital Marketing services, and are also highly valued by the biggest brands around the world, we don’t need to justify just how important learning Digital Marketing is in the current scenario.
Having done a Digital Markeitng course will add to your CV in major ways. Here are 6 Clear Ways How:
- Job Opportunities: Even though Digital Marketing sounds like a niche in itself, a subset of overall Marketing and Advertising, there are several career paths and job opportunities that open within Digital Marketing in itself. You can work as a Copywriter, Content Creator, Content Writer, Data Analyst, SEO Specialsit, Digital Marketing Manager, Brand Strategist, Creative Strategist, Designer, and so many more positions that are open specifically for people who have prior knowledge of the Digital space or some experience in Digital Marketing.
- A Career of the Future: The way digital marketing has risen in the past few years has been astonishing. Currently, the usage of the internet and online careers seems to be constantly growing, and therefore so does Digital Marketing. However, despite the rapid growth rate of the field, there aren’t as many professionals for Digital Marketing. Therefore, it is a relatively untapped market, and taking up a serious career in Digital Marketing by kickstarting with (LINK) a course on Digital Marketing would be a step in the right direction for your future.
- Unleash your Creativity: If you’re a person who is more bent towards the creative side of things and less towards the practical, science-y side, a career in Digital Marketing might just be the best thing that could happen to you. A lot about marketing is about being creative, especially in the competitive digital space, there is a constant need for Copywriters, Content Creators, Designers, Creative Strategists etc. Learning Digital Marketing will introduce you to topics such as Content Creation, Designing, Writing and so on, and help you view the world in a new light, by forcing you to think from different perspectives, as well. Therefore, to either get into a creative career field, or, to enhance your creativity in general, a course in Digital Marketing might just be super beneficial.
- Small Business Growth: By learning digital marketing you could launch yourself into working freelance or with an agency. Moreover, if you want to grow your own business, knowing the basics of digital marketing would be extremely beneficial. Most of the Target Audience isn’t on the streets, but online, as mentioned above. Learning Digital Marketing will help you with tracking down your TA, creating ads that target your specific audience, or even grow your brand organically with the use of social media, or by using SEO to attract traffic – keywords, blogs, backlinks, and overall by creating better, extremely targetted content.
- Discover Yourself: Learning Digital Marketing is definitely an additional set of skills for your CV, but it also helps you discover a whole new world of marketing, especially if you’re a student still trying to figure out a career path for yourself. No matter who you are, what your skill sets are, there is a specific niche within Digital Marekting that will fit you. Moreover, the additional set of skills you will acquire by learning Digital Marketing like Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing, Creative Writing, Content Creation, Strategising, SEO, Google Adwords are all skills that are most sought after.
- Freelancing: By learning Digital Marketing and upskilling, you can turn into a full time or part time freelancer providing different kinds services to major companies. This is one way to launch a whole new career, or to make some money on the side.
There are a plethora of Digital Marketing Course you can find online, here’s one of them – (LINK). Most of these courses are pretty inexpensive and provide you an in depth amount of knowledge of the digital marketing world. These courses last anywhere from a month to half a year, and therefore are something you can do side by side working or studying, and gain an extra Certificate. Some websites we would suggest, that have the best Digital Marketing Courses are – Coursera, Unacademy, JobSearch, Udemy. However, if you’re extremely serious about Digital Marketing you could check out full fledged courses in institutes like IIDE – Indian Institute of Digital Education, as well.
Are you getting a Digital Marketing Certification after reading this? Let us know!